Adoption Process - How Long Does the Adoption Process Take?
- Application is reviewed for any missing information (1 week from submitting)
- Application sent to OESR team member for contact with references (time frame 1-2 weeks)
- Reference checks completed, the pre-screening concludes with a short phone interview between the application and the OESR volunteer "reference checker"
- Completed report submitted to OESR for next step in process
- Home inspection is scheduled with applicant and a local OESR Volunteer (1-3 weeks)
- Report is filled out by "home visit volunteer" and submitted to the Board for a decision.
- Applicant will be notified if they are approved for adoption
- Final selection of a Setter, or applicant awaits perfect Setter to come (timing depends on dogs available for right home).